OMG!!! This is the winner of home made gluten free bread! And believe me we have tried all of them. The beauty of this bread is that it is egg free, dairy free and can also be nut free. It also works without grains (ie changing brown rice flour to quinoa flour).
Give this a go and you will see that you don’t have to be bread free ever again. Nothing better than warm fresh bread straight out of the oven!
Jessica Cox is a nutritionist and has a fantastic website with loads of recipes, please check it out here.
Ingredients (I have changed it a little bit to agree with my dietary requirements)
1 cup sourghum flour
1/2 cup of sunflower meal
1/2 cup brown rice flour or quinoa meal
2 tsp backing powder
1 tsp of cream of tarter or 1 tsp of lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 Tbsp psyllium husk
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1 1/2 cups of filtered water
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan-forced (180 degrees otherwise)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Mix them bowl together and place in a bread loaf tin with parchment paper
- Cook for 65 minutes
- Serve immediately (the best time!!!) with organic grass fed butter, So good!
- Otherwise cut into slices once cooled and freeze.