Since not being able to eat eggs I have been experimenting with different ways of getting a nutrient dense breakfast into my day. I find breakfast is a great way to balance my blood sugar levels and set me up for a productive day and to avoid those slumps where I reach for snacks to pick me up.
Balancing your breakfast to avoid those nasty hunger hormones is vital and as I have said previously it is important to have a mix of protein, healthy fats, fiber, greens and some antioxidants.
This green chia pudding ticks all the right boxes as we have the power house chia seeds as the base, psyllium husks for the fiber, MCT/brain octaine oil and coconut milk for the healthy fat, greens and berries for the antioxidant. This breakfast fills me up and keeps me full for long periods of time as it is low GI. This means it takes longer for the nutrients to be turned into glucose in the blood, this means a slower spike in blood sugar and a slower release of insulin. Great for your hormones!!
The other great thing about this breakfast is you can make it the night before and then team it with my turmeric granola for a nutrient dense breaky. Enjoy xo
1 cup coconut milk (you could use any milk)
3 Tbsp of chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 – 1 cup of cooked greens
1/4 cup of berries
1 Tbsp psyllium husk
1 Tbsp brain octaine/MCT oil
1 Tbsp cacao nibs
1 Tbsp coconut flakes
- Place psyllium husks, coconut milk, greens, MCT oil, vanilla extract in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the chia seeds into a glass/jar
- Pour the blended mix into the glass/jar and add all other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge covered for at least an hour or overnight.
- Add some Turmeric granola in the morning and Enjoy!