OMG, I actually can’t believe this worked out! Since not being able to eat eggs I have to experiment and change the way I have been eating for the last 30 years! This sweet snack is so delicious and filling and it doesn’t take long to whip up. Enjoy xo
8 Medjool dates, chopped
3 Tbsp rice malt syrup/maple syrup
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 cups of sunflower seed meal/almond meal
1 tsp mixed spice
1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia meal + 3 Tbsp filtered water)
- Mix up the chia egg and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced (180 degrees normal)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Place date, sweetener, coconut oil and 1 cup of filtered water into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes
- Remove pan from heat and immediately add the bicarbonate of soda, the mixture will froth up. Allow to cool.
- Add all other ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and cook in the oven for 65 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean
- Let it cool in the tray and then slice to serve.
- Enjoy xo