Now this recipe is one which I pull out when I am trying to win over unsuspecting guests. My husbands’ and my tastes have changed since we have been eating minimal sugars, so we are happy with a less sweat treat. However, we know not everyone is at this stage yet… So this recipe has some sugar in it but we use Rapadura which is an unrefined cane sugar. This means this is a treat and shouldn’t be eaten in large quantities. This recipe is also vegan and nut-free. You are going to love this one! Enjoy xo
- 1 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 6 tbsp rapadura
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp sunflower meal
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced
- Mix up melted coconut and Tahini on low heat in a saucepan
- Add applesauce, rapadura and coconut milk and mix to combine
- Take the mix off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a lined loaf tray and place in the oven for 22 minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before cutting after cooking.
PS. If you are not nut-free then you can substitute for almond meal, butter and milk instead.