I have a bit of a soft spot for dark chocolate and I was given this recipe from a lovely couple that previously owned a chocolate company in Fremantle. They gave me permission to share this recipe with my tribe so you are very lucky. So many people have loved this beautiful recipe and with the addition of the amazing pure 100% doTERRA essential oils this recipe has been taken to the next level.
Chocolate has so many benefits not only physically but emotionally. Cacao has magnesium in spades and this is why I joke about needing so much of it. It also activates the endorphins in your brain, “happy hormones” which is sometimes why people with a lack in their lives may need more chocolate than is recommended. I hope you enjoy this raw, healthy, homemade chocolate as much as I do. But please make it to share, do not eat the whole lot yourself as I have done in the past.
80g Cacao butter
55g Cacao powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp Dark Agave syrup
8 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
5 drops of doTERRA Peppermint essential oil
- In a double boiler melt the cacao butter
- Add the rest of the ingredients off the heat and whisk together
- Pour onto some baking paper (you can add goji berries and coconut here if you like) and spread around at the desired thickness
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Break it up into chocolate bark and share with your friends
- Enjoy x