These fennel seed crackers are the highlight of our nibble platters, they always get comments and I’m not surprised, they are the best! I hope you love them as much as I do! These are a take on some seed crackers from the Low Tox Life but mine are vegan and dairy free and use these beautiful food grade essential oils from doTERRA.
Fennel essential oil is very supportive for any digestive issues, especially when it comes to bloating and gas. I use Fennel EO in my diffuser to support any respiratory tract challenges and has been known to help fight sweet tooth cravings if you put a couple of drops in some warm water. Fennel is also known for its ability to promote healthy metabolism, liver function, and circulation.
The essential oils really lift any recipe and this is no exception! They are 50-70x more powerful than the dehydrated herb itself so you don’t need as much and the constituents in the essential oil are of the highest quality from the Mediterranean. Get your hands on them here.
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp Chia seeds, 3 Tbsp filtered water)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 drop of doTERRA Fennel essential oil
- 80g sunflower seeds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 fresh thyme stalks
- 30g coconut oil
- Oven to 160C fan-forced (180C normal)
- Place chia seeds in the filtered water and let the ‘egg’ form
- Place garlic in a food processor and chop
- Add the seeds and process until it is a sandy type texture (you can’t really over-process)
- Add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined
- Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and put another one on top. Roll into a biscuit thickness or push/squash with hands.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Allow to cool and then break into small biscuit pieces.
- Dip away!!