Dishwasher tablets have been a sticking point for me. I love the Ecostore ones and the Abode dishwashing powder is next level and so low tox it’s a no-brainer. However, I wanted to make my own and it took me a few goes to get these ones down pat! They work so well so I am happy to endorse them on this website. Please let me know how you go!
* 1/4 cup Bi-carb Soda
* 1/4 cup Citric Acid
* 1/4 cup Sea Salt
* 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
* 1/2 tablespoon Pure-Castile Liquid Soap (you could also use On Guard Cleaner Concentrate)
* 20 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
* 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
* Silicone ice cube mould (or similar)
* Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
* Pour in the castile soap and essential oils, and mix. You should have a dry crumbly mixture that holds together when squeezed. Add a little more castile if needed.
* Pack the natural dishwasher detergent mixture into the mould and leave to dry for 24 hours.
* Once set, remove from the mould and store in an airtight container.
* I used Lemon Myrtle and it was amazing. Get your hands on these oils here.
* Every week, put some apple cider vinegar in the rinse aid compartment. This will help keep your dishwasher clean of grease and grime, and your dishes sparkling!