These muffins are a great snack for an afternoon tea or to fill a hole after a training session. They are nut-free, egg free, gluten free and Dairy free! Then what do they have in them you ask?????
These muffins are loaded with omega 3’s and magnesium from sunflower seeds and flaxseeds, antioxidants from the raspberries, healthy fats from the coconut milk, fiber from the psyllium husks, loads of vitamins and minerals in the zucchini and protein in the quinoa flakes! Nutrient dense power houses in this recipe and it tastes amazing! Give it a go and let me know how it goes, I know you will be pleasantly suprised! Enjoy xo
2 cups of sunflower seed meal
1.5 cups of quinoa flakes
2 Tbsp of flaxseed meal
2 Tbsp of psyllium husks
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla powder
2 cups of grated zucchini
1.5 cups of coconut milk
1/2 cup of cold-pressed EVOO
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup of rice malt syrup/ maple syrup
1 cup of raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan-forced
- Add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine
- Add the raspberries and zucchini and mix through until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the well in the middle of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the liquid to be soaked up.
- Grease muffin tin or use muffin cases and evenly fill with the mixture.
- Add a raspberry to the top of each muffin for presentation and then place in the oven.
- Cook for 55 minutes until they feel firm on top.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy xo
- They also freeze beautifully.