As you are aware my life has taken a turn down the natural, organic route as we have had some trouble starting a family. On my journey over the past 2 years I have started using essential oils, mainly for fragrance initially but as I have delved further into them I have found a whole host of reasons why we need them in our lives. My top 10 reasons I will list below.
- To reduce our toxic load
- Make the house smell amazing! (We have two beautiful (smelly) puppies)
- Natural remedy for every day hay fever, colds, flus and generally feeling louzy.
- For concentration with study and work at home.
- Making our own cleaning products
- Making my own perfumes
- For anxiety and to help to calm me down before big meetings
- To improve our sleep
- To improve mood
- To swap out my skin care regime.
And these are only my main ones, there are plenty more reasons to use the oils but these are the ones I do consistently.
The story goes like this….
- I received some oils from a colleague and she signed me up to a network marketing business but never really supported me in letting me know how to use the oils and why.
- I started using the lavender to help with some stress and sleep issues and it started to change my life. No more waking at night!!
- I slowed down the use of the oils because I wasn’t given any training on how to use them so I just started to buy the Lavender and peppermint at retail prices!
- I was getting more and more into the oils and thinking I would like to start using the oils as a platform to educate people about the low tox life.
- When I left my stressful workplace the Lavender Peace blend was supporting me through and at the same time I came across PATH TO FREEDOM (synchronicity)
- It all came at the right time for me and I launched my workshops and continued to learn and teach about the oils.
- Here I am today with a circle of family and friends that have started loving the oils and using them to replace products in their homes.
What are essential oils and why do we need them in our life you ask?
Essential oils are pure plant extracts made by distilling plants and then separating the oils and water. When I was looking into the quality of said oils I was checking to make sure I would receive the highest quality of plant and oils. There are significant differences between all of the companies that sell the oils and I was a little confused about which ones to choose. For example you can walk into Kmart and Big W and there are essential oils there that you can use but these are not pure essential oils. They are synthetic smells and have the phthalates in them that are the endocrine disruptors. So we need to steer clear of the poor quality ones.
I choose doTERRA oils because they have rigorous third party testing to make sure they are of the highest quality. If there are problems with the batch, the oil is discarded and you might not be able to get that same oil for another year or so. They also guarantee that the plants are not produced with the use of pesticides or herbicides but cannot declare organic as each country has different standards.
doTERRA also grow their plants where they are indigenous to, in other words the best growing conditions of the plant. So we are getting our frankincense from Somalia, Lavender from Bulgaria, Lemons from Sicily, Eucalyptus from Australia etc. This produces the highest quality plants and oils instead of bulk producing them from owned farms in America alone.
The third thing I love about doTERRA is that they are putting money back into the communities that grow the plants. They are paying the farmers directly and making sure the conditions are first world. They have a charity called ‘Healing hands’ and they are building schools in Nepal and Somalia and making sure there is clean fresh water in these places. From what I have seen doTERRA is a very conscious brand and that is what I love about them.
Over the next few weeks I will be putting up recipes that we use for our home to replace all the chemicals and make sure we are living a very low tox life. If you want to find out more about the oils and how you can get your hands on them please feel free to contact me. I would love to organise a workshop for you to show you how to reduce the toxic load in your homes.